Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hairstyle for the night and the next day (hair styled professionally virgin)?

I'm off to a friends wedding next week %26amp; Im getting my hair done at a salon for the event, problem is-what style? The deciding factor here is I need it to be a comfy style as I'm goin from the wedding to the airport, where I will be catching a 9 hour flight for my hols. I want a style which will look good for the day/night %26amp; still look good post flight when I take it down.



I have long, dark brown hair, which can get frizzy easily %26amp; I have a natural curl. Everytime I've been in a hairdressers and asked for advice about any cut/style, they have simply slapped a load of mags in front of me, %26amp; told me to call them when I've made a decision. Probably afraid of getting sued if the client isn't happy with the result. I don't want that to happen, which is the reason I want to be prepared before I get in there.



Any suggestions? I dont want to be over-dressed hair-wise otherwise people will think its the bride checkin in!



Also, if the hair is curled with an updo how does it stay up?



Hairstyle for the night and the next day (hair styled professionally virgin)?

does your hair have to be styled in an up do? it's summer, i think taking advantage of your curly hair would be nice. you can leave it all down with a soft wave or only tie the top half up (this option will keep it out of your face if you are going to busy at the wedding).



john freida has a frizz-ease line that helps cut down on frizz, but still keeps your curls manageable. you can find him at beauty supply shops and even target.



in either case, an easy way to style your hair for the next day is to tie it back in a ponytail. i like wearing it low. if your hair is long perhaps you can even wear it low and to the side over your shoulder.



if you plan to put your hair up, A LOT of bobby pins is wise to bring to the salon. Perhaps a few ouchless hair bands and your favorite hair spray...



can you call ahead to the stylist? they should tell you what types of supplies to bring even if you don't know how exactly your hair is going to look.



you can try www.makeupalley.com for advice from others. there is a message board you could search, but i think you have to register to become a member in order to post questions. don't worry it's free.



Hairstyle for the night and the next day (hair styled professionally virgin)?

I would say to do an updo--less maintenance and easy to fix in a pinch. The main problem would be making sure that your sides won't get messy. I guess that would depend on if you toss and turn when you sleep. If you do an updo, it can be held in place with hair pins or spritz.



Hairstyle for the night and the next day (hair styled professionally virgin)?

yeah.. updo and try to ask for a style that won't have lots of little spiral curls hanging down on the sides as extra. those will relax a lot. tell your stylist that you need it to last and see what she recommends. Personally, i like down and curly. it lasts awhile and once it relaxes it looks more natural. you can leave it like that or just put it up in a clip or band on the plane



Hairstyle for the night and the next day (hair styled professionally virgin)?

sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment